Friday, October 19, 2007

Consonant Troubles

Yesterday at lunch in a mall resturant with mirrored panels.
Me: Abigail who's that little girl in the mirror.
Abigail: Agabell!
Me: (Hoping she can make the connection) What's your name?
Abigail: Agabell

Last night at our dinner table at dinnertime.
Me: Abigail, we need to pray first. Who do we talk to when we pray?
Abigail: Doug.
Me: Do you mean God?
Abigail nods affirmatively.
Me: Can you say, "God?"
Abigail: God.
Do you see it? Agabell prays to Doug! Hee Hee.

Note: She seems to have given up on talking to God and today said "Jesus." in response to the same question.

3 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job teaching Abigail!
    Hey, I nominated you for an award. Come over and check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys! But at least now I have my computer back so I now know your phone # and can read your blog. Hope all is well
    Your Friend. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story. It is the bright spot in my day today. Kids often help us find those bright spots. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete