Thursday, November 1, 2007

About Time

The time has come to do some clothes sorting. Abigail's clothes. I hate it! But the summer is over and the 18 month clothes are getting small. Especially the shirts now all belly-button bearing. As I put away all the cute little sun dresses and the shorts that were until September a little long, I couldn't help but feel a little sadness thinking that she will not wear these things again.

But I get out the tote of clothes, oh how I appreciate hand-me-downs, for this stage of growth. I look through all the new-to-us clothes and become excited at the prospects of the adventures to come, and the new favorites we will discover.

3 comments:

  1. Those are the thoughts of just about every mother. Hard to let go of the cuteness we know, yet looking forward to cuteness to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out with the old, in with the new, Baby! Am getting ready to Ebay a bunch of Ella's for the same reason. Just found out Baby Thompson #2 is a boy, so no hand-me-down goodness for us!

    Harder for me than the outgrown clothes are the correctly-pronounced words. How wonderful that her language skills have developed enough to allow her to call our rabbit "Chirpa". But "Cheepie" was SO much cuter!

    -TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread putting away the cute out of season clothes. But now that Hunter and Gwen are bigger, they can wear some of the sizes the next year!!

    ReplyDelete