Monday, January 28, 2008

Changes


You know I thought about moving my blog. Thought and thought and thought. I even planned it. To the point of creating a new blog. Settled on a template, titled it, even set up the sidebars. I had posts all planned out. A serious blog. Encouraging for my readers. Convicting and funny. A picture of the life of a meditative, thoughtful, intentional woman, wife, and mother.


But I couldn't bring myself to say good-bye to this blog. With all my thoughts and concerns, I couldn't make the break. I think I just needed to plan it, to say that if I wanted I could do it. But I find my heart is here. I started this blog as a way to keep family and friends informed on Abigail's development so I wouldn't have to spend all my time talking about Abigail. Perhaps, OK, admittedly, I was having real issues with becoming a stay-at-home mom and this was a reaction against that.


I don't write for that reason anymore. I am keeping this blog, not out of a reaction to a bad reaction to career changes, but because I appreciate Abigail and I want to honor her. She has been such an agent of change in my life. I created this blog "because of Abigail" and rather than thinking about the narrowness of focus implied in the title, I chose to celebrate the way this blog brought sanity and community to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment