Thursday, June 19, 2008

Eating Out

We put an offer in on a house tonight. It is the one in our neighborhood. We weren't planning to go to Belle Vernon tonight to write the offer, but when Chris called our agent thought it best. Someone else was looking at the house and we could get a better deal without a bidding war. So instead of a leisurely evening of hot dogs and sand box playing, we went to sign a real estate offer.

Chris had plans to see a movie with a friend from church. It works well since I enjoy movies but am satisfied with said movie in DVD form. He is currently watching the new Indiana Jones movie.

Abigail and I went to Wendy's for dinner. I noticed the Loch Lynn Church of Christ van in the parking lot and a few other cars. When we went in, the ordering area was packed full with a youth group. The majority of tables were filled with youth and youth workers. I missed seeing the bus!

We stayed and more youth came. We became part of the swarming chaos of a church youth group returning from a day at an amusement park. As if waiting in line had not yet gotten old, they were laughing and talking and pestering the youth workers they surrounded. The young man behind me kept getting so excited in his conversations with those in front that he forgot to keep his place. He always remembered and returned. By the time he was able to order, he realized that he didn't know what he wanted. All that time in line spent in frivolous banter and he forgot to look at the menu. I could only laugh.

Abigail and I found a table in the area of Wendy's that I can only call the sun porch. There were fewer teens there and so we were able to concentrate on each other and our food. Nearing the time to leave, I realized that in a fast food restaurant packed with teenagers I heard not one curse word, not one inappropriate remark, not one cell phone. I did hear teenagers laughing and talking together over a meal. And that was a good sound.

1 comment:

  1. Any news on the house??? I am praying that you have clear direction. How is the girl doing with her teeth, still great I hope.

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete