Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Almost and Sometimes

We were at my parent's house over Labor Day and we were discussing our new house. Abigail piped up, We have two houses.
Chris tried to clear things up, No, we just have one house.
As only a daughter can reply to a father, Well almost, Daddy.
Sort of true and too funny what can you say?

This morning I was greeted by an Abigail in her crib. I made a mud puddle.
Thinking it was a blanket carefully arranged to resemble a mud puddle, I was surprised to see a big wet spot in the middle of her mattress. Abigail, did you pee in your bed.
I sorry, Mommy. I didn't mean to. I made a mud puddle.
Trying to stop a trend that could mean more laundry for me, I explained, That is just pee, not a mud puddle.
Matter-of-fact, Abigail explained, Sometimes pee can make a mud puddle, sometimes.
Again she had me. If we were on Survivor, I would lose.

I sometimes feel like Rumpelstiltskin when he was named.
How can it be that I am outwitted by a two year old!!

2 comments:

  1. Will it my be do to the parents she has. Two smart parent make any even smarter kid. Good Luck.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute - gotta love kid logic!!

    ReplyDelete