Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Digital Photos

I've been staring at a blank screen all day wondering what to write today. Then a friend who I haven't seen for years commented that there are no pictures on my facebook page. I don't do pictures well anymore. The uploading, the uploading, the ordering, the possibility for editing.

I have a very nice camera that I received as a gift in college, a camera I searched for and researched. A camera that uses film and gives me little editing power. Of course, I can't upload those pictures to any number of websites.

But I get hung up on the editing. I have the power to edit so all of my pictures should look like they are professionally done. And they never get uploaded. Who has the joy that way?

And I am hit again by my pride, by my perfectionism, by the part of me that robs me and others of our joy. So when I get the dog in the crate, the paperwork complete, and the child to bed, I'll upload pictures with abandon. Just the way they are

No comments:

Post a Comment