Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ugly Woman

From January 5, 2009


Today was an awful day. It just kept going downhill all day. Abigail was out of sorts. I was out of sorts and sick and tired.

The ugly woman cam out. I try so hard to keep her hidden, but I can't. Beating her down, into submission, to beauty is only so effective. Eventually she plots her revenge partnering with the prince of this world. I am powerless to overcome.

An over-stimulated heart, mind, and soul insures my demise. I need moments of quiet, havens for heart cries and God whispers. Tonight, it was a shower--hot just beyond comfort. The temperature skincare professionals say to avoid washing away the tension captured in muscles and nerves tried from striving. Tonight, it was making dinner listening to daddy and daughter in play. Tonight, it was finishing the other big thing on the list. Tonight it was "Dukes time" cuddles.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara,

    Guess what? I was just given the Lemonade Award and in turn I am giving it to you. Thanks for taking the time to share your life with us out here in blog land!!!!

    Cindy

    ps. I will send you the scone recipe as soon as I find it ;).

    ReplyDelete