Sunday, December 6, 2009

It Has Always Been, It Is Now, It Is to Come

We've been working through this Advent with a Jesse Tree. And I am struck with a simple reminder.
God has always been the Savior.
In all the stories.

Cursed is the ground. Difficult are your relationships. Hard is your work.
Yet, Adam and Eve are spared.
The deep was opened. The rains came. 40 days. 40 nights. Mountains were covered.
Yet,God closed the door. God remembered Noah.
Pharaoh's home infected.
Yet, Abraham leaves wealthy. Sarah's virtue intact.

I see the Savior nestled in a manger. I hear the prophesies--Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace. I know the story. Mary heavy with child travels with Joseph. Bethlehem. Wise men. Angels. Shepherds.

Immanuel.

I see God doing His work. Salvation imparted over and over to the moment of incarnation. Salvation completed in resurrected God-man returning for His own. Still we wait. Every day advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment