Monday, January 11, 2010

How's It Comin'?

I just assume that you're wondering how my Mega Memory challenge is coming along.

Well, here goes. . .

Ephesians 1:15-23 (really only 15-17 but 15-23 is the goal and I do have the reference memorized :).)

For this reason, I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you do not cease giving thanks for you while making mention of you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.

Mine is orange. The yellow is copied from Studylight. Yes I realize typing it a second time would have placed it more firmly in my brain but a cute guy just sat down beside me.

This time I even have a plan. Well, one given to me over here. You see, usually I memorize something and forget to keep working on it as then I forget what I memorized. I keep a good idea, but lose the words. This method keeps you chewing on the passage well beyond the initial memorization. In fact, once a month for seven years, gets the passage firmly planted right where it belongs--my heart. The idea and the words.

So I totally missed an entire phrase, that I had not been missing previously. Perhaps I'll chalk it up to nervous typing and baby crying all day long because he decided sleep was a mortal enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment