Monday, August 30, 2010

15 Quarts

I've been trying to make a new friend. A friend with time. I spend my life watching the clock feeling always behind, waiting for the "good" tasks to come along, holding my breath for time to work on a hobby.

What if I viewed each task as the good for those minutes? What if doing dishes was just as important, good, and beneficial as reading, crochet, and email? What if I could change the way I looked at my minutes to see the work of each as unto the Lord? What if. . .

Perhaps 15 quarts of tomatoes while hard work would not be a drudgery, but a time of provision, of joy, of thanksgiving.

Now what do you do with the children who interrupt such a time? How do I make friends with the interruptions?

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, your post reminds me of a chapter in the book _The Miracle of Mindfulness_ by Thich Nhat Hahn. He tells the story of a busy man who keeps waiting for his own time; once he begins to think of the time he spends washing dishes or helping his son with homework has his own time, he feels incredibly rich.
    So sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're all ok.

    ReplyDelete