Sunday, September 26, 2010

To the Incas

My friends gave up a dream trip this summer to join a mission trip to Peru to help build an orphanage. Today they shared a slide show of their trip. Children living on a garbage dump while their parents rummage for homes and for recyclables. The orphanage they helped to build isn't finished yet. The goal is to have it completed by January or February. Then it will be able to house seventy-two children.

Seventy-two children without mother and father.
Seventy-two children who aren't tucked in at night.
Seventy-two children who don't have someone on their side, loving and praying for them.

I pray. I wish the door would swing wide for us, but it hasn't since the day we had two pink lines. So I wait and I pray for those without.

No comments:

Post a Comment