Friday, November 5, 2010

Grandpa Walks

My parents came up on election day.

Dad was able to put two shelves in a wardrobe cabinet repurposed into a pantry as well as take these two on a walk. Well, really one of them walked. The big one somehow coerced a ride from grandpa. I guess that is what happens when the first grandchild is a girl wearing a pink vest, purple hat, and cowboy boots. The basket came back filled with walnuts in various states of being hulled.

My mom peeled and cooked apples for sauce and now on the shelves Dad built sits seven quarts of applesauce. She also colored and read and kept the children out of the way.

I was able to clean out a closet in the basement. Well, clean out is a bit of an overstatement. I was able to sort through a couple of boxes and organize some of the pile. Storing all the paint we have used and the clearanced cans I want to find uses for takes more space than I thought and the closet shelves don't hold as much as I envisioned, but I can find my stuff in the little closet without having to take six boxes out before I could look.

It was so nice to have them come without an accident being the starting point!


7 comments:

  1. We also have the closet full of partially used cans of paint. Some of them I've found uses for over time, some of them I probably never will. Someone ought to come up with some sort of "Paint Swap" where people can meet up with their leftovers and trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to your last sentence!!! = -)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your parents had a most productive visit. I so remember sharing times such as that with my parents. Sweet memories!

    Blessings for a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely time was had by all! I hope to get some stuff cleared up in my basement this wknd also. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, those seven jars of home-cooked applesauce sound amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a precious picture!

    I still treasure the memories I have of taking walks with my Grandpa and Grandma at the beach when I was young.

    I might try making applesauce sometime this weekend. My kids love it.

    Have a great weekend!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, must remember to make applesauce :) I made apple butter this weekend with my mom and I need to make lots more plus some applesauce!!

    ReplyDelete