Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quietly

The last few days I have not felt 100%. In fact yesterday I felt about 50%. But I invited Him and we did the next thing. I smiled as the children played together. I allowed my husband to let me feel bad without feeling bad about it (quite imperfectly but better than before). I left things un-checked on the list and went to the homeschool night out anyway. I absorbed the wisdom of those who have gone before when they told me to worry less, when they said my children will learn.

Today I spent the whole day in the kitchen. Not my favorite thing to do, but the next thing always kept me here. Tomorrow I will rise to a kitchen in order, to sourdough bread in a bag, to roast leftovers in the fridge, and the dutch oven purchased in the heat of summer finally seasoning. It will be a good morning to sit with coffee and the Lord. And even better because we did the next thing together all day long.

Turning the mundane into quiet celebration.

:: snuggled in a chair with littles and poems ::
:: breathing warm cold winter air before the next wave of cold cold winter air ::
:: a walk by myself ::
:: Simon feeding the dog from the table ::
:: the dog lying calmly behind the children during dinner ::
:: toys in baskets ::
:: holes patched ::
:: evening plans ::
:: his insistence on that walk by myself ::
:: spinach smoothies ::

No comments:

Post a Comment