Thursday, February 7, 2013

Our Evenings. . .Now

Working on Another Potholder

Playing Together

Exercising

Mimicry

Lovin'Up
For a while, we watched videos every evening. I didn't know how to change it, till Chris talked about changing our grown-up habits. No Netflix to unwind? What about my fried brain? I'm supposed to read after a day reading? But when we changed, they changed.

And it is nice to sit on the couch and read and snuggle and create. And no one is escaping anyone else in a screen. What these haven't been able to catch is the laughing till our sides hurt, the boy beatings that occur regularly, and the goodness of presence that is happening.

All that said, I do not find TV all bad. I still employ its wiles in the morning when we're trying to wake together and I need a moment to plan. I'm sure there will be another season when we will watch more, but for now, I'll keep this.

P.S. Please forgive the darkness in the photos. Our old camera memory stick is not compatible with our new computer, and while my phone (tracfone, thank you) takes good daytime pictures, it is seriously lacking in the area of dim picture taking.

1 comment:

  1. Just so everyone knows, the "boy beatings" are Simon beating on Daddy, not everyone beating on the boy. Just to clarify for the sake of CYS. -Chris

    ReplyDelete