Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ahhh, the Power of Napping

This morning Abigail got up at my usual time. Not because she wanted to, but because (and in spite of the 7:00PM liquid cut-off) her diaper could not keep up with the amount of liquid she produced last night. So in the hopes of eeking out a few more minutes of sleep myself, Abigail joined me in bed. She is quite like a baby monkey, clinging to me, trying to go to sleep on my chest. She rested, but did not sleep.
So the day began with a tired little girl. And a tired, I-don't-want-to-deal-with-another-mundane-day mom. Actually a mom tired of not being able to finish a task without stopping half a dozen times. Just not a good combination.
Then my friend called. She knows Chris is crazy busy, and she loves getting her kids outside! (She is also a garage friend. You know the kind who knows you so well they allow you to enter though the garage instead of freaking out.) Abigail and I had a park date. After inviting a few other ladies. We were out the door. Thankfully. I could take no more cranky kid. I am counting down the hours to mom's group tomorrow.
Yay for parks! We had a great time with the other moms and kids. Then came home to eat lunch and take a nap. Abigail went down for her nap like only happens when we spend time outside. And I started reading. Then I too took a nap. Longer than I should have, possibly. But I felt sooo good when I woke up. And I felt so good when Abigail woke up.
Naps are Great!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Naps are fabulous as well as essential. No such thing as giving up naps. Ever.

    Who'd you join at the park? I miss park days with you guys. Issy is all over the place now and loves loves loves the slides! She likes parks too. :)

    ReplyDelete