Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Compromises

(To those of you wanting pictures: we're getting to it. And too bad somethings need said and can be said without pictures.)
Monday, I decided to increase the intensity of my treadmill workout going from 3.5 mph to 3.7 mph. That doesn't sound like anything really and on Monday it didn't really feel like anything really. But I think it made me tired for yesterday too. Hence yesterday's post. And the fact that by dinner time we were back to the same cranky-ness levels. But I went to bed refreshed and happy to be alive!
What a change you think. How did you do it? you wonder.
I can sum it up in one word. Four syllables. Compromises! Yes, it deserves an exclamation point.
After dinner and seeing Chris off to play practice. Abigail and I had about an hour and a half till her bedtime. And I was feeling stressed out. First I renewed my 7:00PM chore cut off, so we could have some downtime. That always works to keep our relationship intact. The day ends on a good note. So now I had only 30 minutes to get stuff done. So again the key: Compromises.
Take the dishes out of the dishwasher: Yes.
Put the dirty dishes in: Yes.
Wipe the counters, Abigail's high chair, and the Corned Beef and Cabbage Broth from the stove: Yes, Yes, No. (Yes, the stove top is still grimy and if I get close enough probably still smells of Corned Beef.)
Clean the stuff out of the sink drain that won't let the leftover broth go down: Yes.
Run hot water down the sink to rid it of grime: Well, I meant to do that, but forgot till just now.
Give Abigail a bath: No--would thrill her, but I already stuck my hands in water. And I would get annoyed because she would always stop the water after I let it go.
Entertain Abigail alone: No, read stories and play on the floor with Everybody Loves Raymond re-runs.
Pick up toys: Yes.
Sweep the floor: Maybe Saturday.
Let Abigail lay her head on my lap: YES YES YES!
Put Abigail to bed on time: Mostly after more than normal cuddling.
Watch American Idol: Yes
Read the required chapter in my book: During American Idol

No comments:

Post a Comment