Monday, February 4, 2008

Declaring War

Today I make my declaration of war.

Against: Disorganization.

The Purpose:
I want to know where our stuff is! I want to stop wasting time looking for something instead of reading a good book. I want to stop spending money on things I think we have but can't find. I want to walk on the treadmill without sorting the piles around me and planning the organization. (I'm weird; I like the treadmill.) I want to invite other families to our home and have a place for the children to play. Not the living room. I want to protect Abigail from becoming a disorganized person.

The Plan:
A floor a day. Four days. Purge, place and move on. Decorate and label (There will be no excuses!) the storage later. Paper plates and slow cooking. Other chores will have to wait.

Don't worry, I won't torment you with before-and-afters. Well, probably not.

1 comment:

  1. We've been here a year and I STILL have boxes upstairs, unpacked. Ughhh. I am so over not having a home, but a house. One of my resolutions this year is to change that, but true change takes time, and right now that's in short supply. So it might take a few months :)
    Just wanted to say that I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete