Friday, July 25, 2008

Ultrasound--2

We had the ultrasound and with a little forewarning and the promise of donuts for breakfast it went quite smoothly. As soon as Abigail could see the screen the fussing stopped and she patiently waited till all the pictures of her belly were taken.

I know nothing more than that. The technician said nothing and only when I asked about the results did she acknowledge that I would be getting anything . . . on Monday. Aside from needing Abigail to lie on her side instead of her back while examining the left kidney, everything seemed to be in the right places and looked to be in working order.

God is good, though. He took my fear and left me calm and confident from the moment I woke Abigail. He is in control. He created her and He loves her more than I ever could. Sometimes I forget. Thank you all for your well-wishes and your prayers and your encouragement. I can't believe we are blessed with such good friends, nay, with such a great family. For isn't that what we are, children of the Father, brothers and sisters in the faith?

6 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for His continued grace and peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi...just logged on tonight to see if you had any posts this week and I see that I should've been praying all day for you. We will continue to pray for you until you get the results on Monday...and until you get the answers that you are looking for with the repeated UTI's. I am reminded frequently to pray for you - our new next-door neighbors' children have the same names as your children. Have a good, relaxing weekend.
    Love, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had your number out on the counter to call for two days--when will I learn to listen to that voice in my head instead of snuffing it out by saying it is just me.

    I am glad that the test went well. So, they performed an external ultrasound. I am praying that you have peace this weekend as you wait to hear from the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only one more day and you will get the answers - God gave you the power to be strong and calm for you little girl.
    I'll keep praying for you, and your family - have a beautiful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was there to hug you and hold your hands and pray with you all. I'm sitting at my desk crying my eye's out. I'm pray for you all. You are right that God love her more then all of us can and do. God will protect her and Love this family he has made of us all. I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so glad to hear that the ultrasound went ok. I will be praying also for you. We miss you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete