Sunday, November 15, 2009

From Pastor

This morning our pastor spoke from 2 Kings 5. Verses 10 and 11.
Elisha sent a messenger to say to him (Naaman), Go wash yourself seven times in the Jordan and your flesh will be restored and you will be cleansed.

But Naaman went away angry and said, I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than any of the waters of Israel? Couldn't I wash in them and be cleansed? So he turned and went off in a rage.
Ok so I added verse 12 to the quote.

But really how many times do I try to get God's results from my methods? As if there is a way different than God's that will lead to healing broken hearts, mending torn relationships, granting life eternal.

Father God, help me to live your way. Guide me to wife and mother as you have prescribed. Let me see your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment