Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Grace, Sarah, Grace

Up later than I wanted.
Shower used minutes allotted for something else.
Forgot the dog who hasn't been walked in a really long time.
Angry at Abigail and Simon because they needed me because I was running behind because I took a shower. Not that we are going anywhere today!

Angrier at myself for being incapable of fulfilling my plans or my hopes for the days.
Disappointment, Frustration, Loathing were my heart companions.

A scene replayed in my head.
I'm in Sunday school offering to get another person a cup of coffee.
This person makes a snide chauvinistic remark.
Grace, (person's name), grace. I reply amid the groans of the other class members.
It wasn't so much telling this person to have grace as much as I was replying with grace. I was choosing not be hold it against said person.

It doesn't take much to rewrite it for me today.
God has given me a day. Offered to give me joy, peace, love in the rewards of these children, this life.
I list the mistakes I've made. I put myself on the list of mistakes He's made.
Yet he replies, Grace, Sarah, grace.
He is reminding me of His grace applied to my life. He wasn't holding those mistakes against me. I am living in His grace.

I just need to remember.

And so I ask, before a Holy God, kneeling.
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant me , according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner person, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; and that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that I ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment