Monday, January 4, 2010

The Waiting

I have been posting children from the foster care system who are waiting for forever families. I have committed to praying for a child or sibling group each week. I don't know what God is going to do with this, but I know that there is nothing more powerful that I can do. I invite you to join me.

Chris and I continue to talk about adoption. We haven't entirely ruled it out, but we are not in the stage of life that would make foster adoption possible. Domestic and International adoption is quite costly, and we spent the savings we were going to use to adopt on a house in an area where prostitution, drug-dealing, and shootings are more rare. We don't know about going into debt to adopt, so we are sorta stuck. Please join us in praying for the expansion of our family, primarily the how of the whole thing.

That brings me to this week's prayer concern. Last week I received an email from the domestic infant adoption supervisor at Bethany Christian Services in Pittsburgh, the agency we were using for our adoption. They are in need. Birth mothers are in need.

I am contacting you because we have a need for families who are open to adopting African American infants.

Our office is currently working with several other Bethany offices on the East Coast and with some local agencies to find forever homes for African American infants. If you or someone you may know would be interested in adopting an African American infant, please contact me.

This week I am praying for those mothers who are waiting. They are waiting to give birth to children they have chosen. They are waiting for someone to come who will love them and will love their children. They are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment