Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Late Start

This week has had a rough start. We were away for the weekend and got home Sunday just in time to prep for evening services, and there is no explanation for yesterday. So to catch up.

Should have been Sunday--Praying for Orphans
We had researched Haiti when we were first looking to adopt. The orphanages act as their own agencies and so the fees were very reasonable even with the travel. But the government is unstable and so families were at the mercy of one or two signatures. If those officials got testy, families couldn't take their babies home--sometimes for months. So we closed that door, four years ago.
Now Haitian orphans are making news. The thousands who have been waiting, who have lost their families to other disasters, or the ones whose families can't take care of them due to poverty, and the new thousands who have been newly orphaned. The orphanages damaged in the earthquake. The families waiting to bring their children home or the families waiting to be matched. The children who are referred to by number instead of name.
I found the report here.
Please join me in praying for these dear ones who have suffered so greatly.
  • That they would be protected from further trauma.
  • That families would be reunited, or found for these.
  • That the government would be generous in releasing children to families.
  • That orphanages would be repaired quickly and would be able to take in the children.

Monday's Mega Memory
I'm still working on Ephesians 1:15-23. I divided the passage into five cards--15 and 16, 17, 18-19a, 19b-21, and 22-23. I have just started 19b -21. It is a doosy. I can read it over and over and still find my brain clogged and unable to make heads or tails of it.
Here's what I've got
For this reason, I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints do not cease giving thanks for you when making mention of you in my prayers that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory would give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
I pray that the eyes of your hearts would be enlightened so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.
How did I do:
15For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, 16do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.
The next part is where I am getting hung up.
These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
I have been reading the card all day. It lives on the range hood. I also create a card with the first letter of each word to help me to practice. These live on the window sill. Just lots of review. I'm also going to continue the seven weeks, seven months, seven years process. Getting it quite stuck in my heart.

I love that it is a prayer that is sticking. On those days when I can't really come up with a prayer on my own, this one is at the ready. Breathing it in and out. It brings peace to the moments.

Well, there I am . . . caught up. So tomorrow for something new, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment