Tea is best taken on a crammed kitchen table with stories of visits to Africa.
- We need to cover all the owls in the book.
- A missionary we are already familiar with isn't from the proper country and finding a missionary to India isn't easy.
- A simple bandana is the last resort to pirate hats after stapling two pieces of card stock together and finding they do not stay on a head.
- Assistance is needed to erect a flag for the pirate ship.
- Little boys want to help walk lame dogs on semi-freezing mornings. (Do you know how long it takes to convince a two-year old that a coat and gloves are necessary and then get them on said two-year old who just wants to walk his beloved 90 pound dog.)
|Need Graham Cracker Crumbs Anyone?|
- Sugar is really bad. If I stay away, severely limiting the stuff, I forget it exists. But if I give way, in say a pop or grilled stickies, the next day I eat say 10 oreo cookies or 12 seven-layer bars.
- In all my food research obsession, I have reached an important conclusion--too much food is eaten overall, and whole foods are best. We will be increasing our vegetable intake while decreasing our intake of everything else to meet a diet kinder to ourselves and the world. Animal products humanely treated in life will remain a part of our diet.