Monday, January 28, 2013

She Has to Make Something

My mother's birthday is today. We planned her celebration for Friday evening. I was bringing the main course. My sister-in-law brought the salad and ice cream, and my sister brought pie.

It started snowing here early Friday. I went to my appointments, picked up my new glasses, and by the time I got home, we were leaving. OK, I got home and we hurried to leave; the snow was piling here and typically Preston County is much worse.

We left without the bread and with a still frozen lasagna. The dishes were still in the sink and the crumbs on the table. But the rabbits were inside where their water wouldn't freeze.

Upon arrival, where incidentally they had far less snow than we did (though that soon changed), I raided Mom's freezer for frozen bread dough while she fixed a nacho appetizer, because even though it was her birthday and she was free from feeding responsibilities, she needed to cook something for her family.

We stayed for the rest of the weekend. We could have come home later Saturday, but after walking to my sister's house and back (really sledding down the hill from her house to my parent's house), and sledding down the big hill for two hours we decided to stay. And they, my parents, were good with that.







As an aside, when I was a kid, we had to walk back up the hill. I'm thankful for that four-wheeler.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What a great sledding hill! I bet the kids loved every minute of the extended trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that everyone was able to get together. The sledding pics are great. Hooray for the family time and visiting home. :)

    ReplyDelete