Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dear Abigail

Today was such a good day. We were good together. Playing, reading, shopping, eating. I am so very proud of you. I am so very glad you are my daughter.

I love the way you cheer others on, including the dog. I get so impatient with your cheering sometimes. It must seem that I do not like that part of you, but I am so proud of the little encourager I see developing in you. You are always ready with a praise, I am envious of that.

And you so desire to be a friend, to be involved in the lives of others. You do come across as bossy. I don't think you mean to and I so want you to grow out of it, now! I am impatient. I fear the way you will learn this will be a painful road. I will always be here for you, loving, encouraging, and praying for you.

I so loved curling up on the couch with you reading Psalm 16 this morning. I so want you to be aware of God's presence always. I want you to experience the poetry and worship and artistry of God. And the Psalms are perfect for that, and for reminding me that God is in this day whatever will come. And reading about the night animals, Creatures of the Night, is always an adventure as you have a new question about something each time we read it. You told George that there were bush babies in the neighbors yard when we were outside playing!

You were so excited to get the books to learn to read. It is an exciting day for me. I am so glad to be starting this journey with you. Excited and scared. Even overwhelmed. I worry that I'm not going to be able to find the time to teach you all you need, care for the coming baby, keep our house and be a wife. I know I get disgusted and easily frustrated when I worry like this. I take it out on you. I'm sorry. Another reason to read the Psalms before we start our day.

You are my girl, and I love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment