Friday, April 24, 2009

Be Still

Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10

I got a little devotional book the other day. I need something short and sweet and accurate right now. I haven't figured out how to have a study time yet. Or many other things for that matter.

How often I forget that Simon is not yet three weeks old and feel guilty because I don't have everything all together.

And today's scripture--
cease striving (stop working for God's approval)
know that I am God (your redeemer, merciful, gracious, loving)
I will be exalted (you're not responsible for my reputation-I will work it out in your life).

The to-do list remains. My children with their needs remain. But instead of striving, feeling guilty for all the things remaining on the list, I can rest in God allowing Him to do His work in my family.

1 comment: