Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quiet


My Children,

How very long I have waited, dreamed of the plural. The path to this place, daughter playing in her room while son finishes napping, has taken longer than I imagined. The path here has been painful at times twisting and turning in ways we could not expect. The pauses at the destinations of birth filled with excitement, overflowing with joy. A journey to a family of four I could not plot prior to the undertaking. A journey I would not have plotted prior to the undertaking; no, my journey planned was much different-shorter, less painful.

As I sit now the quiet of naptime shattered with infant cries and little girl runnings, I find the journey to this place one of grace, mercy and love. It is a journey at this end I would not refuse, a journey of knowing God, of knowing my husband, of knowing the blessing of my children.

It is a good journey as the God who ordains this journey is a good God.

I love you both.

2 comments:

  1. It has been an honor to pray with and for you and your family while on this journey. This is one of those good but hard times. And yes, I agree, our God is good! Oh so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also amazed by the Grace of God in choosing the two children for our family - they are all I could want, each in their own way! I'm glad to hear how you adore your children too!

    ReplyDelete