Monday, January 24, 2011

When One Doesn't Pay Attention

I tucked the children in a full half hour later than normal. Chris and Abigail were planning the upgrade from Barbie jeep to radio-controlled Barbie jeep. Sometime in the not distant past, Simon caused an accident resulting in the loss of a wheel. I think it was when he was trying to move the ottoman with said jeep.

Anyway, to the story at hand. A tired mama, I just wanted to use the bathroom, post, and curl up on the couch with a blanket and The Big Bang Theory.

I walked into the bathroom. I walked out. I whined, Chris I just wanted to use the bathroom.
Well, what's wrong.
You have to see it to believe it. 

While he went to look, I retrieved the long handled salad tongs and a large pot. And I walked to the stairway leading to their room, Abigail, come here.

Oh yuck, uttered from the bathroom as a completely unsuspecting five year old walked into the scene, green footy pjs and all.

What?

I handed her the tongs and guided her to the toilet. She glanced in and wondered, Who did that?

I wonder.

Daddy?
No.

You? 
No.

Who then?
Who do you think?
Me? Incredulously, as wet tights covered in unflushed toilet water dropped into the pot.
Splat.

Yes, you. Put those in the sink.

As she walked back to bed, she commented, I had no idea I put my tights in the potty.
Kisses and laughter.

What else is there to do? I mean aside from laundering the tights and washing the tongs and pot in extra hot water. Oh, yeah, write about it.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I haven't had that exact thing happen, but somewhere inside I feel as though I can sympathize. I think you did the right thing, write about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the time I found a baby doll in our potty. We came up with a similar solution, but baby went in the trash. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete