Thursday, January 24, 2013

Abigail-isms

I don't have any recent, good, pictures of her to just put on here in a post about her. I haven't been taking pictures. I know that isn't a good blogger, or a good mother, characteristic. We have so very many pictures held hostage on a hard-drive, pictures we forget exist. I've sorta stopped taking them in the overwhelm, and in the moment.

All that to say, you must imagine her. Bangs almost grown out, mousy brown hair cut at the nape of her neck. All legs and arms and bones and muscles. Brown eyes and seven year old winter cold feet uncovered. (I don't understand either.) Dancing to the music in her head while building something new with all those Lego blocks early, really early, in the day.

She has her way with words and her way of remembering and connecting.

Reading Voices of the Faithful as a devotion and prayer time for the lost, we look up the country, or regions.
          Central Asia: the too-many 'stans
          the Pacific Rim: all those islands

Reading Genesis one chapter a morning, all of them. We are still trying to find our every day groove. Chapter 10 begins
This is the account of Shem, Ham and Japheth, Noah’s sons, who themselves had sons after the flood.
She responds, This is one of those all those sons chapters. Who am I to argue? So, I had them listen for the sons who did special things--great hunter and earth being divided. When she sneaks into the living room while I'm reading and invites herself into my daily reading, we can remember hearing those names. And she can become part of the story.

She makes me laugh. I'm so thankful for her.

:: dancing purple pajamas ::
:: feeling a little sore from yesterday's faithfulness ::
:: grateful that it was too hot causing a bit of middle-of-the-night nausea instead of virus ::
:: snow ::
:: the plow that will let me walk safely when I'm finished with this post ::
:: hanging in there in my insistence, boy likes eggs and girl keeps her hair back ::
:: warm rabbits ::
::  party plans ::
::  bird book indices and learning how to use them ::
:: tv free evenings (though we do need to finish up that borrowed dvd) ::

No comments:

Post a Comment